Wednesday, October 26, 2011

'Rum Diary' Star Aaron Eckhart on Booze, Cigars and Johnny Depp's Entourage

Director Bruce Robinson stated when Aaron Eckhart had not decided to play ambitious real-estate developer Sanderson in 'The Rum Diary,' "we'd be casting." Within the movie, plenty of rum is swilled and cigars are smoked. Works out Eckhart only indulges in a single of individuals vices in tangible existence: "I acquired hooked on cigars while causeing this to be movie," he accepted to Moviefone. Oddly enough, he was among the couple of who wasn't illuminating in the movie's press conference, where The Actor-brad Pitt smoked five hands-folded cigarettes in quick succession, moderator Elvis Mitchell drawn on the huge stogie and Robinson smoked and drank a beer. In comparison, Eckhart states things were pretty tame around the Puerto Rican set. Your character includes a excellent spread around the beach within this movie. We shot it within the beach in Puerto Rico, that is great because this is where it really happens. Frequently nowadays, you decide to go somewhere like Eastern Europe and that'll double for NY or La or whatever. It's nice to go somewhere since the story happens there. Made it happen appear like lots of Puerto Rico is unchanged since Hunter S. Thompson was there? You can go for both. When you are inland, you are able to certainly state that. I was in San Juan. On my small slow days, I'd drive my vehicle and go surfing and merely at random undergo cities. You would not realize that individuals places have been lived on. However, you would be driving along and you'd check this out huge corporation and you would be like, "What's that?" Out in the center of nowhere, IBM provides this massive place and contains its very own runway and all sorts of the local people work on IBM. It's kind of an unexpected little island since it has got the American influence and contains the indigenous and they've just a little war happening there between your two. As well as in this you play an evil developer. Yes, I am an evil developer. [Laughs] And they are getting their very own way. I believe Puerto Rico's being... obviously I'm not sure what it really was like before, however, you see sand and water and blue sky and they are looking to get some vacationers there. It's kind of the polar complete opposite of what Johnny's doing. It's like oil and water. I've found it interesting he has an issue with my corruptedness and my coercion, but he's not a problem stealing my lady. [Bursts out laughing] So who's less principled? Right, it's like, 'So much for the morality!' There is a little hypocrisy there. What's it like creating a movie with Johnny? I did not know him before. I acquired a phone call and went and met Bruce and i believe that they seen a number of Sanderson in certain of my other movies. And So I was pleased to complement and use them. Did the set find yourself getting as crazy as anything within the movie? No, Johnny and Bruce stored a very awesome, even set. But everybody had labored for Johnny for like ten years. He brings exactly the same men on, makeup, crew. Everyone was totally with debt to Johnny. They are saying such things as, 'Johnny put my children through school,' serious stuff. The very first day we came on, Johnny was like, ' Hey John, how's Betty? How's the little one?A I began feeling bad about myself which i did not know who everybody was, however I recognized that they have all done six movies approximately with Johnny. Is an objective of yours, to possess your personal crew now? God, I'd like to, since you must see sets sometimes which are during these desolate places. It might be so nice to create movies with people you're friends with. Clint Eastwood will it, Johnny will it. It is simply not achievable within this era unless of course you are number 1. Have you spend time much with him? We hung out throughout filming. We'd lots of good laughs. I like Johnny's company. No, I do not spend time an excessive amount of after and that i obtain the feeling he does not either. It's kind of awkward when that occurs. For me personally, I'd rather go home and lead an ordinary existence, since the anticipation are that you are all there only for work. But I have been a solitary type of dude. So have you got a favorite rum drink? Well, after i drank, I'd drink rum and whatever you desired to pour. I usually loved ... before I stated Piña Colada, however i got in danger for your. They think it is too fruity. They wanted me to express Cuba Libre. What is the drink using the mint? Mojito. Yeah, I have had among individuals before. Individuals are great. You do not drink any longer? No, it has been eight or nine years. Healthy for you, that's great. However I did start smoking cigars throughout this movie. I began smoking them with this movie and that i haven't stopped. I have been smoking cigars every single day. Are you planning to stop? Or will it fit it all of your approaching roles? I play Frankenstein next, so perhaps Frankenstein may have a cigar through his throat [such as the classic neck bolt that Karloff had], and that i will not even need to inhale. Which will be hot. [Laughs.] Read our exclusive interview with Eckhart about his role in 'I, Frankenstein.' [Photo: Film District] Follow Moviefone on Twitter Like Moviefone on Facebook RELATED

No comments:

Post a Comment